Summer Top - Kanata Kercheif Tank Variation

KANATA KERCHIEF TANK - VARIATION

First, you need to find the Kanata Kerchif Tank pattern by Jennifer Ozses at this link:

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kanata-kerchief-tank



The only change I made was the design for the squares. Here is my pattern for the squares:

There will be a right side and a wrong side, so you do not turn the article. Also, I hardly ever block so my measurements will be pre-blocking.

1: Ch 5 and ss to join. 
2: Ch4 (counts as 1st dc and ch 1) In circle make 1 dc, *ch3, dc, ch2, dc* repeat * to * a total of 3 times, ch3, join with ss to ch3 of first dc. You now have a total of 4 sets of dc and ch 2, with 4 ch3 corners. 
3: Ch 1, sc in ch 2 space of previous round, *ch 2, (sc, ch2, sc) in corner, ch 2, sc in sp*, repeat * to * around, ss to 1st sc
4: Ch1, *2 sc in space, (2sc, ch 2, 2sc in corner), 2sc in space*. Repeat * to * around. ss to join to 1st sc
5: Ch 6 (counts as 1st dc and ch 3), *dc in stitch between space and corner, ch 3, (dc, ch 3, dc in corner), ch 3, dc in stitch between space and corner, ch 3* repeat from * to * around, ss to join

The pattern will keep increasing like a granny square, so the number of times you do the pattern before the corner will increase.

Repeat rows 4 and 5 until the square becomes the size required in the Kanata Kerchief pattern. 

I am a big gal and wear a size XXL (or 2X). Using worsted weight yarn and a 5mm hook. I did 11 rounds to come up to about 20 inches across (before blocking). (The first photo shows 13 rounds. I had to pull 2 rounds out because it ended up too big.)



I also changed the shoulder stitch by using a sc instead. Here is my shoulder strap:

sc in stitch before corner space, sc in corner space, sc in next sc.
ch 1, turn.
sc in 1st sc and 2 sc across, ch 1, turn.
repeat until desired length is achieved. I made my strap 10 inches and after wearing it for a day it stretched, so I will have to shorten it a bit.

The pattern laid out by Jennifer is quite good.

The strap will look something like this: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girlie-girlie Dog Sweater & Rough and Ready Dog sweater

Shoulder Shawl